RUG HOOKING BLOG

About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of four grandmother of seven and great grandmother of three. I live with my husband in the house that we built with the help of my brothers and will have been married for 57 years this February.

Friday, August 27, 2010

WHIPPING THE TIME AWAY

Picked fresh from my garden this morning. My onions are huge, the biggest I ever grew in all my years of gardening.
Potatoes freshly dug up from the damp ground from that much needed  rain we got yesterday.
As I went to the zucchini patch I scared this frog and it leaped on a huge leaf on the zucchini plant and looks so small in comparaison
Beauty abounds in the garden
Nothing like vegetables and herbs fresh from the garden to add to the stew. I'm not so sure about the frog though.

I finally finished whipping my rooster rug this evening, now all I have left to do is binding and steaming and pressing.   JB

9 comments:

  1. YEAH - way to go Julia!!! You got it done. Looks wonderful too. You are quite the photographer, a real artist in the way you design the pictures, and the nature (frog) included. When I got home my DSL modem seemed to be working, so far, so good - we'll see. It must be rewarding to grow such usable veges, they are so healthy looking and healthy to eat.
    Give Raspy a love pat. /Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful treats from your garden....I love sauteed zucchini with a little bit of lemon.....YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia, I love your new blog! Your photos of the veggies have me drooling! Your rooster rug looks great, sometimes I love doing the whipping - it gives me an excuse to sit and do "nothing", and other times I find it quite tedious! Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome Sara, the door is opened wide. I live a very ordinary life but sometimes I think that I'm busier than most and like to share some of those moments with people who enjoy reading my blog. I'm new at it and have much to discover yet. Thanks for stopping by for a little visit. Come again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tammy, I'd love to share some of my zucchinis with you if you lived closer to me.
    Unfortunately most of my zucchinis are getting very big by now and I'm giving to friends around here and I even sent some to my daughter in Ontario who was begging for some on Facebook. JB

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia
    Just discovered your blog. Love the pictures of the garden and veggies.
    And the rooster rug is finished! Very nice!!!
    What is your next project?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the frog on the leaf. I have a " frog" thing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to my blog Pat. Thanks for stopping by.

    I'm debating wether I should finish my quilt before I start another rug but I'm thinking real hard about a childhood memories rug. I will certainly take more time planning it before I start hooking. With my rooster, I didn't even finished drawing the tail before I started hooking. lol. JB

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kim, I thing we all love frogs. It must be as a result of watching Kermit the frog on Sesame Street... lol JB

    ReplyDelete