RUG HOOKING BLOG

About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of four grandmother of seven and great grandmother of three. I live with my husband in the house that we built with the help of my brothers and will have been married for 57 years this February.

Monday, September 13, 2010

AND THEN THERE'S MONDAY

What does one do on Monday? There's not much traffic on Rug Hooking Daily on Mondays.  I did the usual household chores and I normally have people for lunch and because of my busy schedule I make lunch time my big meal of the day and the last meal of the day is usually light, again because of my schedule.
Today I made a big pot of vegetable beef soup because it was chilly and I was craving a nice chunky soup. This time I did add chili and it's very good. As luck would have it I was all alone for lunch. No one came to eat, not even my husband. He went to town to get his hair cut, get some new cells phones even a black berry for my son and to get his passport renewed and expected to be back on time for lunch. It took him until late in the afternoon. I'll spare you the red tape details to get a passport renewed these days.
I weeded a fair size chunk out of my out of control flower bed and called it quit for that chore for today then went to do my afternoon barn chores. This evening again I'm alone and sipping on a nice cup of camomile tea to slow me down and I managed to take apart three wool skirts. One  grey, one tan and the other is a nice burgundy plaid and was pleated so I got lots of beautiful wool from this one. So... I'm happy. My basket is full to the brim and my husband just arrived with some red and white wine, so I switched to a nice glass of red wine to s-l-o-w me down.    Mondays aren't that bad after all.  JB

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like an utterly delightful Monday! A nice basket of wool to boot!
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, I made veggie beef barley soup last weekend. I was getting tired of "summer" food. That is a nice basket of wool. What is the next project? After a couple glasses of red wine you could design a fun new rug! Lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice of you to drop in Cathy, the door is always open, and thanks for you comment. Now that my big basket is full, it's time to empty it into my stash drawers upstairs.

    I love looking at your photo gallery and you're slower pace makes me and feel nostalgic.

    Looking forward to you're next visit. JB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, I meant to put barley in my soup but somehow this is the second time I forgot to put it in. It adds such a nice taste and texture to vegetable and beef soup. I always seem to be in a rush when I cook, maybe I should do like the Galloping Gourmet and drink wine while cooking to slow me down, lol... By the way I only had one glass last night so, no fun design yet, lol. I want to work on my Childhood Memories but I think that I need something really simple to work on in the meantime. Maybe' I'll try a flower rug design. I always look forward to your comments and reading your great blog. JB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great wool! Makes me want to go hunting. I enjoy your blog so much, you really are an inspiration. I've been periodically trying to post a comment but so far haven't had any success. Maybe this time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to my blog Mariea and thanks for your comment. I'm so glad that you succeeded at leaving a comment this time. Those computer requirements things can be a bit tricky sometimes. Like Heidi Wulfratt says, if you push enough buttons you'll find out how to do it sooner or later.

    It's so encouraging to hear you say how you enjoy my blog. What a nice thing to wake up to in the middle of the night and find someone there. e. Come again any time Mariea. JB

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I do love barley in a nice winter soup. Growing up in Nebraska, we had lots of cold weather during the fall and winter. We live in Houston now, so not so much need for soup. Luckily, my dh also grew up in the midwest and we both love soups.

    I love your blog, and almost feel as if we are having a cup of chamomile tea, while discussing over the day. Jo

    ReplyDelete