RUG HOOKING BLOG

About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of four grandmother of seven and great grandmother of three. I live with my husband in the house that we built with the help of my brothers and will have been married for 57 years this February.

Monday, November 22, 2010

SNOW GO AWAY...

I had to be on the road today and had to drive to town twice on slippery roads. I saw four tow trucks towing some crazy drivers who were sliding everywhere. I saw one accident and some cars swerving all over the place. There was some black ice in spot and the snow packed real fast and it made for slippery conditions.

My tires were OK but as I was on my way home I had planned to stop at the grocery store but my windshield wipers suddenly stopped working. I'm assuming that maybe it's just a burnt out fuse. So I had to drive home and hoped that I wouldn't have to stop because I couldn't clean my windshield.  I really don't care much for winter.  JB

8 comments:

  1. Found it and great blog Julia, will post you on my list also.

    www.thewoolgardensellingblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had black ice this morning lots of accidents. I crept along to work. thanks for your visit and comment. i love to get a deal! and I am STILL cleaning. Have a great thanksgiving.
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just some of the many reasons I dislike winter! The roads are pretty greasy tonight here too. I was at the office until 8:45pm so I was in a hurry to get home. I quickly discovered I should slow down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doris-Ann, I'm glad that you found my blog. I hope that you'll enjoy visiting. I 'm glad that everyone is home safe and sound. I'm actually working on my little cow on my Memories rug this evening. JB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I am so sorry, It must be so hard and I have only driven in snow one time in my whole life. And it was hardly anything at all. You are so brave. I hope it warms up soon, but the weather shows other wise I think. I will just pray you get to stay home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Farm Girl, you are so sweet. I'm used to drive in the snow and I don't mind as long as I have some good snow tires. It's the other crazy drivers that shouldn't be on the road in these condition that worries me. They drive too fast for the road conditions. I'll have to wait for good weather to get my wipers fixed. Thanks for your prayers. JB

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julia,
    Our snow plows were out early this morning!! I was laying in bed wondering what that noise was because it wasn't garbage pick up day - it was the darn plow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim, my husband is still out there snow plowing with his truck plow. He came to help me get the 22 bottles of milk ready and carried them for me to the calf barn because it's too heavy for me and helped bring another new born calf in. I got back home from my barn chores at 10:25. I've got to go back shortly because a buyer is coming for some bulls calves. Stay safe on the road. JB

    ReplyDelete