RUG HOOKING BLOG

About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of four grandmother of seven and great grandmother of three. I live with my husband in the house that we built with the help of my brothers and will have been married for 57 years this February.

Friday, December 10, 2010

TOO MANY DAYS WITHOUT MY BEAUTY SLEEP...

This afternoon, I decided that I would get some Christmas shopping done. Right after lunch, with tea in hand, I checked my blog reader, and Rug Hooking Daily then I showered and quickly blew dry my hair and fluffed them up a bit to make them appear thicker than they are. I used a little bit of liner around my eyes, no makeup or lipstick, just trying to look half  presentable in public in case I meet someone I knew.

I find that when I take off my glasses to put on some eye liner I have the hardest time to see what I'm doing, it's awful.

When I was younger, I would roll my eyes at the OLD LADIES who smeared eye liner to make themselves look prettier only to make a mess of their application. Now it's my turn. Why am I telling you this? Well I haven't slept much lately. For one thing I go to bed late and get up early and wake up several time during the night so I don't get a restful sleep. Now I have noticed bags under my eyes that really make me older than I am...

I was ready to leave the house. I went in the office to put my computer to sleep when I noticed that I still hadn't dealt with  my pass port renewal application. So I thought that I would take care of that first and then go shopping for a bit down town instead of at the mall. I stopped at the photographer and got my pass port photo taken and of course he asked me to remove my glasses and to have serious expression.

Although it was very busy in the shop, the photographer had my pass port photos taken within a reasonable amount of time. A little wait and he gave me my passport photos. I put on my glasses and took a look at my picture. Oh... Lord..., I couldn't believe how terrible I looked. I had to look twice. I told him that I looked just like a criminal. He laugh and said, I have a whole computer full of photos of people that looks like criminals. I paid him my $20.00 and thank him and wish him Merry Christmas.



I went further down the street to the pass port office and gave them my pass port application and my old  pass port. In no time I  was done because my application was already filled.
It's neat how they punch tiny holes right through the passport to void it.

Anyway, while in the Pass Port office, I got a call from my son who needed a vehicle to get to the bank because the truck was gone. So another change of plan. I drove up the hill and I picked up some nuts and raisins at the bulk store and stopped to gas up on my way home and came home without shopping for gifts. But that's one more thing done that I had procrastinated to do. So I'm happy.  JB  

15 comments:

  1. I have the worst time with eye liner. Smudge-proof my (bleep)! By 10am its running halfway down my face. LOL
    You may not have gotten all your planned errands done but at least you got some things done. I put my passport renewal off and forgot it and now I have to start from scratch!
    I hope you get to catch up on a few zzzz's this weekend.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same problem all of the time. I was thinking about that the other day as I was trying to put on makeup and knew I was not doing a bit of good. Do you have to have one to come to the states? A pass port? Do you have to have one to travel province to province? I don't have one and I never have.
    I sat down late last night to read and comment on your blog and blogger wouldn't load my
    comment so it is floating out there somewhere I guess.

    I am a bit earlier tonight. I hope you get to rest this weekend and I think you are beautiful to me you look like Meryl Streep. I hope you think she is pretty because I mean it as a compliment as she has always been one of my favorite actresses. That is what I thought the first time I saw your picture.
    I love reading about your day. Stephen King once said, "if you can't think to write about anything write about work. People love work, they love to read about it." He said he always writes about work. I know I sure love reading about it.
    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My eyeliner days have been over for a long time. And now the skin around my eyes is getting so soft and loose that it would be a disaster! Plus I can't see without glasses. Oh, well! Hollywood will not be calling anyway.

    Good that you remembered to get your passport. I forgot this past summer and now will have to start over also. I won't be going out of the US any time soon...if ever!

    Hope the weekend is not too busy for you so that you can get some rest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim, (Millie's Mat) Kim (fArm Girl) and Pat. Thanks for your comments. It makes me feel that I'm not alone in my blind spot.

    Kim, Meryl Streep you say, that's quite a compliment although if you saw me today I don't think you would have seen the resemblance. lol...

    The reason that I had a pass port in the first place is that I had to go to Scotland for my younger daughter's wedding, May 2005. We stayed at my oldest daughter who lives in Scotland. My oldest daughter travels a lot in Europe and to other far away countries. If ever I had to go to Scotland in emergency I would need a passport. My husband was in the US to a conference about a month ago and I didn't have my pass port renewed. We don't need it to travel from province to province but now we need it to go to the states since 911. Have a great weekend everyone. Stay safe and warm. JB

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a very busy life you have to make time for sleep that is when you get sick. do I sound like a mother or what. I could never get eye liner even as a teen. so a bit of mascara and a little blush and that is it.
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I gave up on eye liner years ago. Not worth the hassle. Why is it that no matter how we plan there are never enought hours to get it all done or "the best laid plans of mice and men" go all to pot? Oh well, an excuse to shop another day. Take care of yourself. Get some rest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of the things I loved about my wife (your daughter) when I first met her was that she didn't wear any makeup at all. Not a bit of it. (I've always disliked makeup.) Nor did she use any perfumes or scented things. She was just beautiful the way she was. Nothing out of a bottle or a tube could have improved her (as that big B&W photo of her in your living room will attest). And 18 years on she doesn't even have a single hint of a crows foot or a wrinkle.

    When I was a young man I hung around with people who were keen on some kind of sports and fitness, and one of my friends, Scott, always used to say "throw away the makeup girls, and buy a pair of Nikes". He was saying that being fit, healthy and vital made one look far better than anything makeup could ever accomplish. I think he was right. Though I do agree that getting enough sleep is kind of essential. Nobody feels good when they are chronically fatigued.

    So now I'm going to be watching for your eye liner. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Honey eye liner went out the door when my husbad did. hahahaha They both were a lot of trouble to keep straight.
    You are so right it is just too much to do and not enough hours in the day. Glad you did get your passport. I plan on doing that in Jaunary because this next year is going to better than this one.
    Love ya
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry I can not even spell now Husband is what I was trying to say instead of husbad. lol
    Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!
    Oh my I just saw I misspelled January too.
    OH my
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi everybody, I'm so lucky to have the best of blogger friends. I want you all to know how much I appreciate you all. I don't always wear eye liner, only when I look like a hag when I have tired eyes.

    I had a tiny nap just after coming back from the barn this morning as I was awaken by a phone call from by some foolish teenager at a party claiming that I had called her cell phone 2:15 AM, I wasn't impressed and couldn't get back to sleep. So I wore my eye liner this evening at our Credit Union Christmas diner party as we were special guests and I did a pretty good job because I got a compliment on how good I looked. Either I did a good job or they were lying. For a compliment, I'll wear eye liner every time.lol.

    Anonymous, ceos feet appears when you least expect them. You just wake up some morning and there they are. JB

    Maggie, you crack me up. I can't read one of your comment without breaking out laughing. You're such a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous, I mean crows feet of course. I learned this from Maggie. JB

    ReplyDelete
  12. Julia ,I like your blogger friend's(Grandma yellow hair) comment about the husband and eye liner taking the door at the same time.I can tell you I had a good hearty laugh with it.You rock grand-ma Yellow hair.Ha! ha! ha!
    one of your 6 sister (Delcina).

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Grandma Yellow Hair's comment, too. Made me laugh.
    I know what you mean about going to bed too late and up too early. I wouldn't know how to act if I wasn't tired. I'm afraid if I actually slept through the night that I would not wake up!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm just now really getting "in" to eyeliner....I do have a magnifying mirror that I use....then I can see where I'm putting it, but the downside is I'm starting to notice a lot more "laugh lines".....oh well, I call it signs of a life well lived!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lauren, I hope that you get a good night sleep too. Don't worry about not waking up., I'm sure that someone would miss you and would wake you up. Tammy I may just get a big magnifying mirror just to put on my eye liner.

    ReplyDelete