I'm meeting the girls on Patrice's porch but I'm running late as usual. I hope that the chocolate is still hot and that Wendell has left some carrot cookies for me. He's so cute and smart that fella.
I like that Wendell has joined in the chat today. I wish that I had brought some carrots for him.
Today's questions from Patrice.
1. Where is your favorite place to think, reflect and pray?
In my bedroom with the door closed, in an old wooden chair and the other place is in the garden when I'm weeding.
2. Did you believe in Santa as a kid?
Yes I believed in Santa until I was about 6 or 7. One day I opened the sofa bed only to find unwrapped Christmas presents in the storage bottom compartment under the sofa. I kept my mouth shut and never told a soul or let on that I had discovered all by myself that Santa wasn't real... I was so very disappointed and I didn't want my other siblings to be disappointed like I was.
3. What is your favorite kind of Christmas cookies? You can add a recipe if you have time.
I love cranberry cookies, shortbread cookies, all kind of cookies but my all time favorite are Russian Tea Cookies but I call the butter Ball Cookies. Yum yum... As chance has it, they appeared on Mennonite Girls Can Cook blog today. Click here for the recipe. They are so easy to make and so delicious.
4. Did you grow up around any of your grandparents?
Yes, I grew up living close to my mother's parents but never met my dad's father as he died when I was just new born. I lived about a couple of miles from my other young widowed grandmother and I remember that she was always crying a lot and I didn't understand why.
5. What is your favorite winter sport-skiing, skating, sledding, others(? ) ? If you live in a warm place what is your favorite winter sport when the Olympics are televised?
As a kid I used to slide in a toboggan, skate and make snowmen and snow angels. Now My bones are feeling their age and I no longer care for winter sports and I don't even bother to watch the winter Olympics. I hope that I didn't bored Wendell or anyone else with my answers.
Thanks for the chat Patrice, and I enjoyed the hot chocolate and the cookies. JB
- I'm a mother of four grandmother of seven and great grandmother of one. I have many hobbies and interests but gardening and rug hooking are my main interest at the moment. I live with my husband in the house that we built with the help of my brothers and have been married for 49 years.