- I'm a mother of four grandmother of seven and great grandmother of one. I have many hobbies and interests but gardening and rug hooking are my main interest at the moment. I live with my husband in the house that we built with the help of my brothers and have been married for 49 years.
Tuesday, January 22, 2013
EVERYDAY RURALTY. because I have to hand type all the questions and I unfortunately, I'm a two finger typist, lol. My MacBook Pro laptop will not open the file folder with the copy and paste script. It will open the photo files and not the script file and I don't know how to rectify this.
I visit all my followers who leave comments on my blog first and if time allows I visit the other blogs.
I've been wanting to join the chat for some time but haven't had enough time.
I hope that Wendell will still recognize me and will come by to say "Hay, got a carrot?"
Here's are Patrice's questions for this week:
1. Do you eat eggs? What is your favorite way to serve them?
I like an omelette with fresh mushrooms, red peppers, onions and swiss cheese. I like eggs cooked any ways but it has to be well done. I can't stomach eating any part of it raw. Those little would be chickens have to be well cooked, just knowing where they come from... I've been like this since my last pregnancy, 38 years ago, lol...
2.Do you have a favorite item that you really like to have around? (a Pillow,a chair, a sweater, a teddy bear, etc)
I'm not attached to anything in particular except my favorite fine black ink ball point pen. I like my pillow but I can sleep without it as long as it's completely dark in the room and there's no noise or movement.
3. Is most of the furniture in your home dark wood, light wood, painted, lacquered or distress?
I have light and dark and everything in between.
4. Please fill in the rest of this sentence. I could write a book about -------------.
I could write a book about living on a family dairy farm. It's a very demanding job 7 days a week with early mornings and late nights sometimes.
5. If money and Calendar/ family obligations weren't an issue, would you prefer to spend next weekend at a Bed and Breakfast, a posh hotel, a cabin in the wood or on a sailboat on a calm body of water?
With money not being an issue, I would prefer spending the next weekend right here at home without having to go to work or cook for others. I would enjoy simple rest and relaxation by the warm wood stove hooking away and only eat when I'm ready. I don't mind cooking yummy food for myself when I'm not in a rush and sipping on some nice GEWURZTRAMINER wine. It's too cold to be on a sailboat next weekend because the river is frozen solid. A gust of wind might be quite an adventure on the ice, lol...
I want to take this opportunity to thank my new followers and hope that you will feel welcome on my blog.
Stay warm and safe.