RUG HOOKING BLOG

About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of four grandmother of seven and great grandmother of three. I live with my husband in the house that we built with the help of my brothers and will have been married for 57 years this February.

Monday, April 13, 2015

D IS FOR DONUTS & M IS FOR MOUSTACHE

I finally tried the raised donuts recipe I got from my good blogger friend Nellie of Berries and More.
They were so quick and easy to make and were light as a feather and so good. My husband approved. I'll make them again for sure. It makes a big batch so I may cut the recipe in two next time.



My husband is using my big Canon camera and wasn't sure which button to push. He finally found the right one and that is what you get. I'm almost done cutting out the donuts. I'm not good at posing for photos and  look a bit apprehensive....


So many doughnuts, and those are large pans. It's a good thing they are not too fattening as these were baked and not deep fried.  I used my convection oven and baked them for 5 to 6 minutes instead of the 10 minutes. They were perfect...


 I  sparingly brushed a bit of melted butter on and rolled them in sugar and cinnamon but used a lot less butter than it asked for in the recipe. They were so tasty.

I've been hooking every opportunity I had lately on the border and a bit of background, and I'm slowly making some progress and enjoying every minutes of it.

 I have an issue with the green wool  for some area of the rug and I plan to rip up and dye some more wool that will hopefully match the color from the first batch better. Right now it pretty blotchy especially the last area of the green I hooked.


James and Daniel playing in the sandbox on Sunday afternoon. The first really warm day this spring.


James has grown a moustache lately and Skype me to show me. This was a photo from a Smart Phone.

Spring is finally here and I've seen some Red Breasted Robins in the backyard and I made my wish.

I appreciate your visit,  and your comments makes my heart sing. Thanks for stopping by.

JB




27 comments:

  1. Baked doughnuts look good and healthy. James with the moustache looks cute!
    http://chingchailah.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look cute and photo turned out great. Oh my but wouldn't I love to have one of those tasty donuts.... or even a donut hole or two would be wonderful. I haven't indulged in something that good since last September at rug camp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With all those yummy donuts you should find a street corner and sell them! Make a million dollars! The rug looks really good...I'll look forward to the finished product. I'm glad Spring has found you and I hope your wish comes true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your 'posed' photo. Those donuts look so good. You've made great progress on your rug. Happy Spring to you, finally!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the moustachio'd young man! :) and those donuts look delish! (you're too cute).

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM! I tried making doughnuts once...I found it was just easier to go buy them! I didn't do very well with it, to say the least.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful those doughnuts look, Julia! Now you have me motivated to try them again.:-)

    You are making great progress on your rug hooking.

    Isn't it wonderful that it was sandbox weather! Love that mustache!

    Sending springtime wishes from Tennessee to you!

    xo Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grandfather is looking good! I like the background with the curvy shapes...and the soft colour sets off that green uniform (and his blue eyes) to perfection!
    Glad Spring has finally come your way...it has been a long winter for you and family!!!
    I'm hooking right along too...and having a great time! Hugs, Sunnie :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My downfall is donuts! These look so good!
    Grandfather rug is looking wonderful.
    So happy Robins and Spring have found their way to you!
    Love the mustache pic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those donuts make my mouth water. They look delicious, and you look great! Tell James the moustache looks good on him!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummy donuts! Your rug is looking great! Kids sure love the sandbox, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good evening Julia, oh my those donuts are mouth watering...what a great recipe...Your rug is simply amazing, so much detail, you are indeed an artist...Your grandsons are growing leaps and bounds...Sun hats were needed here today too...seventy degrees...such a long time in coming...Love the mustache on Sweet James...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your donuts looks so good! I want one! Your rug is a work of art, JB!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Phwoar Julia, I am seriously drooling over those donuts!!!!! I've so rarely eaten freshly cooked donuts that I know they are SUCH a treat!! I like the way you kept the donut centres as mini mouthfuls too-great thinking!
    Your rug is looking Amazing-I honestly can't fathom someone making something like that , you are so clever!!
    James looks super-suave in his moustache-what a cutie!
    It is always lovely to see a picture of you as when I am reading a comment, I like to picture the person saying it! I sometimes end up gritting my teeth if CBC is taking too long over a picture!!x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that picture of you with your donuts. You are just so cute Julia. I always enjoy seeing pictures of you. I love that rug. That is so wonderful. I bet you are having fun. It looks like it.
    I love the pictures of the kids, I hope you have lots of spring days.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The rug is incredible! And those donuts....I really need to replace my oven

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are just adorable. You remind me so much of my best friend from childhood. The donuts look so good. The hooking is amazing. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm glad springtime arrived there. It always makes my spirits soar. Those donuts do look tasty.
    R

    ReplyDelete
  19. lol! James looks mighty smart with his mustache! :-)
    Now you have me thinking of donuts for breakfast! They sure do look yummy!
    Excellent progress on your rug... just a little each day and everything comes together!
    Happy Springtime to you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those donuts look delicious! Yum! Looks like fun, too.
    Your rug is amazing. I think this is such a beautiful thing for you to make for your family. The history and love in it is so meaningful.
    The boys are so big! Cuties. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those donuts look delicious! Yum! Looks like fun, too.
    Your rug is amazing. I think this is such a beautiful thing for you to make for your family. The history and love in it is so meaningful.
    The boys are so big! Cuties. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I want one of those donuts! I love donuts!!
    I love your rug. I just find you to be amazing on how you do this!
    So cute...boys are so sweet.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sweet Julia that is a great picture of you. Those donuts look absolutely yummy. Wish I lived close enough to come enjoy one with you. James and Daniel are growing so fast. They are cute as can be in their little hats enjoying the sandbox. That is a pretty good looking mustache James has grown. :) What a sweet smile he has. Your rug is looking super good...what wonderful talent...I am amazed at all you find time to do in a day. So happy for you that spring has arrived at your place. Enjoy the warmth while you can before the next cold and snows of winter come again. Hugs sweet Julia!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, man, I want some donuts now! My mother use to be a hooker (we teased her often with that title) but she stopped when she retired.

    Scribbles From Jenn - Visiting from the A to Z Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my gosh you have made me hungry for doughnuts. lol
    These look delicious!
    I love seeing James mustache. He is too funny. Growing up so fast.
    Love
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my gosh you have made me hungry for doughnuts. lol
    These look delicious!
    I love seeing James mustache. He is too funny. Growing up so fast.
    Love
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete