RUG HOOKING BLOG

About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of four grandmother of seven and great grandmother of three. I live with my husband in the house that we built with the help of my brothers and will have been married for 57 years this February.

Thursday, February 16, 2017

FRIENDS IN HIGH PLACES


I've been very lazy about blogging like so many.  It's all Google's fault with their annoying drop bar warning that Chrome will no longer support my computer.  I've been concerned  for a while  but I've been ignoring it and I think I'll keep ignoring their plea to upgrade. I'm certainly not upgrading to Window 10.
Anyone else are having this annoying drop bar warning on their computer?

Here are some pictures of our long time friends the eagles who live in our lane.  I took these pictures on January 26th  from my back deck with a zoom lens.










This is not to tease those who don't have snow, it's just to let you know that I had enough of the cold and belly high snow. This is a view from the back door. I can barely see my gazebo in the background. I'm longing for green grass and colorful and fragrant flowers, hummingbirds and butterflies. 
Our second storm didn't seemed as bad as they predicted so I'm happy about that.
Stay warm and safe.
 Julia






13 comments:

  1. How wonderful that you can see those eagles so close to your home. That is lots of snow, it would cripple our town to have that much. We get 1" and schools close.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia,
    So nice to see you blogging. Happy New Year!
    Like you, the drop bar and related stuff is a pain. For the moment we will just continue.
    Out west we seem to be at the end of the cold and the snow.
    Stay warm and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I love the eagles! We have them here, again. They followed the Fox River down from Wisconsin. We live right on the far Eastern WI-IL border. I have been watching one hunt the lakefront, across the road from us. I love their majesty. Great captures!
    My laptop always tells me that Chrome is draining my battery. I was getting notices that I needed to upgrade to Windows 10. So, I did. But, I had to, as both computers were dying anyway. We have to have one for paperwork: medical, trucking, etc. If it were just blogging, probably wouldn't have done it.
    Good to see you! Take care of You! HUGS! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The eagle pictures are magnificent! Thanks for sharing.
    Hopefully some warmer weather is heading your way to melt some of the s*** :)
    I have Windows 10 and I hate it!!!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My comment published half way though. We are up to our thighs in snow enough already. It is going to be warm this weekend that will help
    love the eagles
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia,
    The eagles are beautiful and your pictures of them are amazing, especially that last one!!!
    Can't believe all your snow and I do hope some warm weather melts it soon! Since I can't mail you any sunshine, I'll send you lots of warm hugs from AZ!!
    Take care and stay warm, my friend
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What amazing, majestic, backyard animals to have Julia!
    I got excited this morning seeing a chickadee. lol It's just nice to see movement other than the snow from the wind! You can relate, I saw your backyard pics. It will be awhile before the green grass & hot summer days, but June is only 4 months away & I have learned that that, is the grass cutting time...every 6 days!
    So hang in there my friend, this too will pass.
    Stay safe & warm.
    Hugs,
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes, the snow. I think you must be getting all of ours this winter. I live 17 miles west of Minneapolis, Minnesota and we have no snow at all. They have had to take the ice houses off the lakes already. We do have snow up in northern MN. It is nice to see green grass, I just hope the trees don't think it is spring and bud out, then get frozen in March. I know we will still be getting more snow in March. Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. We haven't had a flurry this winter. In fact, it's been warm enough to swim at times.
    I know that must be annoying about the dropdown. Maybe you could get a version that's still supported.
    R

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello,
    Wow, great photos of the eagles. My parents have a pair of eagles that live on the farm as well. They enjoy when my dad tosses out any dead chickens and such in the field way up on the hill. It is fun to watch them eat.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the pics of the eagles. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Julia I love your wildlife pictures! I get excited if I see a hawk.

    ReplyDelete