RUG HOOKING BLOG

About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of four grandmother of seven and great grandmother of three. I live with my husband in the house that we built with the help of my brothers and will have been married for 57 years this February.

Saturday, February 18, 2017

MEET THE NEWEST MEMBER OF THE FAMILY

I was in the barn caring for my calves when I got the call early this morning that Willow had arrived... Here is my little great granddaughter Willow. Everything went well and fast. She is always hungry and is nursing well from the get go and dad had the honour of changing her first dirty diaper.  And not long after she was sucking her thumb and wanted to nurse again.

 Dad had the honour of changing her first dirty diaper.


 and  getting little sister  dressed in her pink sleeper


Fussing with the sleeve.


 All bundled up and sucking on her thumb..


After nursing again, Willow wanted a nap. 



Cypress is having a little cuddle with mom while little sister is sleeping in the basinet.

Thanks for stopping by for a little visit. It always make me happy to know that you cared enough to leave a comment. Have a great weekend.
Julia




24 comments:

  1. What a sweetie pie! Congrats, Great Gram.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!! She got here fast. I bet you are so excited. She is a pretty little girl. Congratulations Julia,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia,
    I was wondering about the baby and am so happy she arrived safely and looks so pretty in pink!!! Trust mother and baby are doing well and get plenty of rest!! Congratulations to you on your newest addition!!! Hope the calves are doing well, too!!
    Take care and enjoy that new bundle of joy!!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww what a cutie. So little and so precious. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a precious baby. Cypress is a keeper too:) you must be proud. I know I would be.
    R

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome, Willow! You are a cutie-pie!

    Congratulations to the whole family. You are all very special. Hugs, Great Gramma! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh many congratulations dear Julia! She is beautiful and you must be so proud! What a great choice of name too- it goes well with Cypress- nice tree names!!! Hope you are ok.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to all of you. Willow is adorable and I too love her name.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the newest addition to your family. Willow is beautiful!!!
    xoxo
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! Glad everyone is healthy and happy and arrived in between storms.

    ReplyDelete
  11. She's beautiful! Congratulations to all of the family. Glad everyone is healthy and safe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So so sweet how wonderful congrats on your new granddaughter!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. She is beautiful. Nothing more precious to snuggle and smell and love than a newborn. So thankful all is well.

    Hugs and love to you for your week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my Goodness Julia, what a sweetie. I agree with the above comment, there is nothing more precious than the snuggle and smell and love of a newborn.

    Congratulations to your family!!
    Hugs, Saimi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Soooo cute! Little babies are one of life's greatest pleasures! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. A blessing indeed. I love her name. Is there a story behind the names of the sweet couples children?
    I am happy for you all. Love and prayers, Carla

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an adorable little bundle! Congrats to everyone! What a great name for a sweet little girl!
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aw! What a precious little darling! You look too young to be a great granny, JB!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, Julia! She is just so precious! Congratulations!

    Char

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations Julia! Your great grand baby was born on my middle son's birthday. Seeing Cypress having a mommy cuddle reminded me of him, he was only 21 months when he got his baby brother! That mom is going to have her hands full with a lot of love & laughter. Wishing you & yours the very best, on such a wonderful event. Precious, is the word that best describes babies. They're God sent,
    enjoy & savour that time.
    Hugs,
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cypress and Willow:)
    What wonderful names.
    I love the creativity and solid beauty of those.
    Congratulations on your sweet, growing family.
    Glad she's safe and home.
    Big love to you and yours,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete