Yes, at long last, the quilt came off the frame on Holy Friday. I still have some quilting to do around the corners because the king size quilt was too wide for the frame as you can see on the right, but I've managed to quilt one corner last evening using a hoop and it worked well.
For a close up look, you can click on the pictures.
This is the quilt before it was removed from the frame. I did finished quilting the top but the corners were too close to the sides of the frame and I had to be worked in a hoop. This quilt was designed for a double bed and I didn't reduced the size of the pattern and I should have but in the end it worked out OK I think. If I were to do another one, I would put the design in the border a little higher.
The unfinished quilt has been spread on the bed and the colors looks washed out but the colors are truer at the foot of the bed. It's a salmon color on creamy background.
Since we bought a deep mattress for the bed the old bedspread has become too short, and the ruffle doesn't reach the floor. I had made the curtains and couldn't afford the lining and was to make some later and later never came. It's a good thing that there are aluminum blinds for privacy and they filter the light beautifully.
A close up of one square and I couldn't put the whole square in. I wonder how many little quilted hearts in one square. The hearts were my own quilting design.
Here is a close up of the border.
I tried to get the true color and turned the light on . It actually shows the color a wee bit better.
This is the pattern. Sorry about the old fuzzy photo. I'm not sure if I'll make the rounded corners.
Here is my idle frame folded. It can be used for any size quilt I was told by Mr Hinks who built it for me.
It came from Mahone Bay in Nova Scotia.
Thanks for dropping by, and for leaving a comment.. JB