- I'm a mother of four grandmother of seven and great grandmother of one. I have many hobbies and interests but gardening and rug hooking are my main interest at the moment. I live with my husband in the house that we built with the help of my brothers and have been married for 51years.
Friday, January 6, 2012
Patrice wanted to get to know her friends better so she's been having these chats on her front porch but I think that I'm going to bring a parka and mittens, and a little thermos of hot toddy.
1. What is your favorite kind of tree. That's is a loaded question. If I'm cold I like a dead Maple tree that is seasoned and dried so I get the best heat from it, In the summer I like the shade of a live maple tree, In the fall I like a red Maple for it's beauty and in the spring I like a lilac tree. At Christmas it's a fir tree, if I'm hungry, it would be an apple tree. Heck, I love just about any kind of tree but I have no use for a Tamarack. I don't know why but I just don't care for them.
2. How did you celebrate the New Year.
Wine and a bag of chip shared with my husband after work in the evening. We worked on a puzzle. It was freezing rain and we stayed home.
3. Do you have any family traditions for the New Year?
We go to the Lieutenant Governor's New Year's Levee at Government House, but this year because of calves being born we missed it.
4. I'm so glad I went to stay with my daughter in Ottawa for 5 weeks when my grandson James was born in January 2011.
5. Did you have a nickname as a child.
No I didn't have a nickname as a child and non of my siblings either. My mom frowned on nicknames and wanted us to be called by our Christian's name as we were baptized. Our neighbor's kids all had bad nicknames and I think that my mother did not like that.
I'm having a very slow computer today so I'm going to call it a night. I'll be back with a few Christmas pictures. It took me for ever to upload them.
I can't believe that I have 99 followers. Thanks for your support and thanks for stopping by and leaving comments. Stay safe and warm. Best wishes for the New Year. JB