RUG HOOKING BLOG

About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of four grandmother of seven and great grandmother of three. I live with my husband in the house that we built with the help of my brothers and will have been married for 57 years this February.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

QUALITY TIME WITH MY RUG

Today, Saturday I  did the usual.  Since I didn't had to prepare lunch, I decided to get a very large zucchini from the garden to make zucchini cakes. I made two large zucchini cakes and there was still a piece of zucchini left.

I spent some quality time with my rug trying a little bonding... I mean binding. I'm using a cord and double yarn to whip the edge and then I'll sew the binding tape. Maybe I'll post some photos tomorrow as I have to hit the sack.

My little calf is still not getting up but it drank 2 pints this evening which is better than yesterday.  JB

6 comments:

  1. Zucchini cake sound yummy. I love stuffing them but lately its been hard to find the large ones. Good news about the calf, but I think its time he/she had a name. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've named him Raspy. My little bull calf was up this morning, first time in several days but he still only drank a bottle of milk. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
    Too bad you're not closer Kim, I'd give you all the big zucchinis your heart desires. JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, Raspy it is. I was starting to get invested in his future, so keep the updates coming. Thanks for the zucchini offer - lol. Its too bad I rarely get a business trip up to N.B. Now tonight, tell Raspy that lots of people are pulling for him.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kim. Raspy drank almost his full bottle. He left about 3/4 of an inch of milk which is real good considering that he's tiny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Julia,
    Thanks so much for your last comment. It meant alot. Actually we use music quite a bit with her. Its amazing that in most alzheimers patients, they still remember music. Once she hears the first line of an old song, she can sing along - every word. It freaks me out! I downloaded lots of "her" songs to my ipod and play them in the car for her when we go for a drive.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Raspy - I like that, now I can put a name to my thoughts. I envy you having such a wonderful garden. I don't have a place in my yard, and also there is not enough sun for all the trees. I do love home grown veges. We have a local grocery that sells them from local farmers. A lady snaps or shells her beans, cuts her corn off the cob, slices okra, etc. Not many people eat good-ole home grown anymore, mostly fast food and restaurants, it seems.
    I've had a good weekend, and it's raining with some thunder, a good sleeping night to end my weekend. Take care, and give Raspy a love pat from me and Renee'. Renee' has a very special touch and healing hugs, you tell Raspy that.
    /Deb

    ReplyDelete