RUG HOOKING BLOG

About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of four grandmother of seven and great grandmother of three. I live with my husband in the house that we built with the help of my brothers and will have been married for 57 years this February.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

I'LL BE ON MY WAY TO THE RETREAT IN THE MORNING

It's been a while since my last post. Life seems to be more demanding of me as I grow older but it also could be because I'm moving lots slower lately and it takes me longer to do the things I have to do.

Tomorrow morning after my barn chores, breakfast and shower, I'll pick up my daughter and her friend in town and we'll be off to the 4th Annual Fiber Art Retreat in Nova Scotia at the Atlantica Hotel and Marina Oak Island Resort. There will be 136  overnight guests and 50 day visitors who will fill the large room with fiber art of all kind for three days.

I'll try to remember to take some photos. Here' one from last year that the husband of our hostess took.
I look a bit washed out because of the flash.

I know that I promised you some photos of the bathroom but my photos are still not uploaded. The computer was being slow and I left it to later and later never came.

I'm finally getting to work on my poor neglected Childhood Memories rug at the retreat.
I'm this close of finishing quilting my king size quilt but often time this week when I sat to quilt someone was coming in and I had to leave it, and getting back at it seems to evade me for some reason. There are always more pressing things to do.

One of my sweet blogger friend, Donna who is an OR nurse, was having a mastectomy this morning and I would love it if you could lift her and her family up in prayers for  courage and a speedy recovery.  Donna, you have been in my thoughts all day.

Stay safe and have a great weekend everyone. I'll be reading your comments as soon as I get back home or sooner if I can.  God Bless.  JB

18 comments:

  1. Have fun at Oak Island. Are you stopping at Deanne's again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh have fun, I hope you just run into Kim again. :) That was so cute and fun.
    I will be praying for Donna.
    I hope you get lots of time to hook and visit. I really did enjoy all of your photos last year of the retreat.
    I know you have been really busy.
    Have fun, I will be thinking of you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun at your retreat Mom!!!
    I am really glad that you are getting a few days off away from the barn. I am looking forward to seeing photos of your childhood memories rug again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful that you are having a get away! You are such a hard worker ~ have a great time! And I will definitely put Donna on my prayer list ~ I hope she has a speedy recovery and a good outcome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful tine a the retreat!
    I'm sure after the work on the farm it will be like a mini-vacation. I do hope you get to take pictures. I can't wait to see the progress on the rug. And what better way to spend a vacation than by hooking?
    I will send healing thoughts to your friend Donna in hope of a successful surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you are going to the retreat. I do hope you are one of the people that stay overnight. You are always so busy and I would love to see your quilt and rug.
    Blessings to your friend.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a wonderful time at the retreat. It sounds heavenly! Your deserve a time off working on your rug! I'll keep your friend in my prayers.
    Hugs,
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you have a super weekend at your retreat,and really have fun wjth your fellow artists.Hope you share photos of your rug when it is finished, and of the retreat. I will keep your friend in my prayers also. Busy here also, we have 81 calves on the ground pretty good considering we just started calving the second week of March.Take care and God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a great week-end. Sounds like so much fun. Make sure and rest sometime. You do work so hard.....it amazes me. Can't wait to see what you get done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julia ~
    Have a wonderful time & don't forget to take pictures!!!
    I'll keep your friend Donna in my prayers.
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  11. Julia, have a wonderful weekend, a fibre retreat sounds like a perfect outing. Looking forward to seeing photos of your memory rug. I shall keep your friend in my prayers. Blessings, Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a great time Julia! How fun!!!!Hugs Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  13. Julia,
    It's so great that you can attend the retreat and hope you get lots of photos! Will keep your dear friend in prayer and thought.
    Looking forward to seeing that memory rug again..... as I recall it was looking fabulous!
    Hugs!
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have so much fun!!!
    So sorry to hear about your friend. I pray that all goes well with her.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you, thank you, thank you Julia for the prayers!! They are definitely working! I'm doing well and am home. There are still hurdles ahead but for now have gotten one behind me.
    Have a BALL at your retreat this weekend!! It should be so much fun! Hope you get some of your Childhood Memories quilt done...king sized? That must take a ton of time! I know what you mean about things taking longer the older you get. I always thought I'd have MORE time!

    Thank you again for thinking of me...Hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just visiting Nova Scotia in the Springtime
    sounds glorious enough
    but to add your happy crafting
    and time with daughter,
    oh,
    it sounds so yummy!
    Hope you thrive
    and fly
    (and that your friend heals quickly...prayers sent)
    -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think you very cute in that pic! Enjoy your retreat weekend and I'll look forward to the bathroom pics too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So happy for you that you have gone to the retreat. You certainly need that in your life. I hope you had a wonderful time. Can't wait to see your pics and read about it.
    Love this pic of you.
    Donna has been in my thoughts and prayers daily I can't believe she is already visiting blogging buddies. What an amazing woman.
    You take care sweet friend
    Love
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete