RUG HOOKING BLOG

About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of four grandmother of seven and great grandmother of three. I live with my husband in the house that we built with the help of my brothers and will have been married for 57 years this February.

Thursday, November 8, 2018

FIRST THING FIRST, RETURNING TO BLOGGING AFTER A LONG ABSENCE.

Hi everyone, not much has changed since I took my sabbatical from Blogger. Every day brings its own challenges and I keep going, for better or worst. I have visited my favorite blogs and have had lots of emails asking me to return back to posting. Thank you for your encouragement. OK, maybe I will return back to blogging.

I have had tons of things to share but every time I sat at the computer, my inner voice would say,  "Nah, not tonight"... Instead, I would play Freecell or watch inspirational youtube videos. I thrive on learning the truth in whatever areas that feed my soul in a  Christian positive way.

What's happening this week.  Well, I'm back from my two-week vacation in Ottawa at my Daughter Christine. A wonderful, relaxing vacation. I rested a lot, THANK YOU CHRISTINE... I attended an elementary school Halloween dance with her and the grandkids. I was dressed as a witch, lol... my daughter was dressed as a big black bird and she was shedding feathers all over the place. We danced to The Monster Mash, Ghost Busters, Gangnam Style, the Chicken Dance and many more.  We had a blast with the kids. This was an annual fundraiser for the school. I enjoyed every minute of it...

On another day, I volunteered with my daughter at an elementary school to be a teacher assistant to help teachers prepare scholastic projects, like making 100 math assignment booklets, that we sorted, cut and stapled, we worked on getting folders labeled, stapled and three other projects.
We were so busy, we didn't take pictures.

 When we were done, we volunteered to deliver $500.00 worth of pizza to classes, to each child who had ordered a piece. I never saw so many pizzas in my whole life. In all, between the two of us, we gave 6 hours of our time to help the teachers. It went rather fast and was pleasurable and I would do it over if I had the opportunity.

Moral of the story, teachers are so busy and never have enough time to prepare all the things that need to be done to help the children learn better. They have so many children that need special help, especially the little ones. If you have a few hours to spare now and then consider volunteering your time to help the teachers prepare their projects. If you don't know what gift to give to the teacher of your child, give them a gift card from Walmart or the Dollar Store or from an art supply store. Did you know that some teachers use their own money to buy supplies for their class? This, I learned from my daughter.

I hope that you all had a wonderful Halloween, I know it's passed but being with the kids on Halloween was so very special to me.

Hugs, Julia





18 comments:

  1. WELCOME!!! You are always missed.
    It sounds like you had a wonderful time with Christine and family.
    Has your life changing "event" happened yet???
    Please blog again soon.
    xoxo
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to "see" you again, Julia! I'm glad you had a good time with your daughter and her family. I'm sure you were a good witch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back Julia I have so missed your post but have greatly appreciated you visiting me. You are such a fun Grandma dressing up as a witch and dancing the night away and you are right about teachers. I've spent the last 23 years in a special ed preschool and have seen first hand the money teachers spend on their classrooms as well as needing help. I really enjoyed helping in my grandson's kindergarten class. Not only do teachers spend their personal money on supplies but take their work home so yes, helpers are most appreciated. I'm glad you were able to help and know how appreciated you were. By the sound of it you were very busy!! If you ever retire from farming you would make a great pizza delivery girl!
    Hugs
    X0X0
    Saimi

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you had a wonderful time at your daughters! How fun to have halloween with the kids.
    I know teachers use a lot of their own money my daughter is a teacher.
    Glad you are back
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back, Julia! So glad to hear from you!
    That sounds like a great vacation with Christine and her family. Spending time doing good is one of the best ways to have a happy heart. Teachers need all the help they can get with school budgets being so tight. They give so much of themselves for their students. Bless you and your daughter for caring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think teachers should make as much as doctors. The deserve it.
    Welcome back Julia.
    DR

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful visit with the grands! Sounds like everyone had a good time. Yes, teachers spend a lot of their own money on their "kids" and classroom. I marvel at the dollar stores and the dollar tables at Target. They have wonderful goodies for teachers! When I taught all we had were expensive teacher supply stores! I have all but stopped blogging...my time and energy is spent on taking care of Annie. Good to hear from you!
    Robyn xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome home to blogging again! Missed you but enjoyed your comments when visiting me. What a fun time you had and I'm sure those kiddos loved having you there at that fun time of year...one of my favorite times as you know! Teachers do need lots of help and encouragement. Nothing better than a great teacher to influence a child for life. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, sweet Julia welcome back to blogville...you have sure been missed. What a wonderful time you had at Christine's and family. I bet the boys have grown son much since the last pictures you posted. Your post reminded me of when I picked up pizza and or burgers years ago for my children's classes. I would loved to have seen you and Christine in your witch and blackbird costumes.I bet the boys had a fun and wonderful time with you while you were there. Love and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds to me like you were having a super fun time enjoying family... there is no better way to dedicate your time! I'm sure I'm not the only one here that would be tickled pink to see pics of everyone dressed up in their Halloween finest! So much fun! Welcome back to blogging! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't believe I caught your first post back from your sabbatical. Sounds like you had a great vacation with your daughter and grandkids. They keep us young in heart, don't they....I am setting up a new blog and I will let you know when it's completed. I have blogged since last March and lots of new things are happening at our house. Hugs to you sweet girl...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Friend,
    So good to catch up. I think the bird outfit your daughter wore sounds like so much fun. Shedding feathers and all.

    Sending prayers,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad you are back after a lovely vacation. You have been missed x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so glad you decided to come back. I love reading about your life. You do so many exciting things. I am so glad you had a nice two weeks.
    I have missed you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello sweet Julia! I'm glad you had a rest at your daughter's house. YOU are a treasure and any teacher would love to have such a willing worker around to help. I spent a lot of my money on treats for kids and cheerful decorations to make them feel loved and cherished.
    I'm glad you're back! (BIG HUG!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So happy you are back. You make me smile and always inspire me.

    It doesn't sound like you rested a lot! You were a busy little angel.

    Love you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. sounds like you had a great visit with your daughter and family! its nice to be away and not have to tend to your house and all that goes with it! when my kids are home i never seem to have time to visit, busy in the kitchen always! they are here and then they are gone! my blog has been on the back burner to and cobbler Carol text me and said sooo its been since may! did you forget you had a blog! im thankful for my handful of long time blog friends like you who have been there since the beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is interesting, I’m surprised you got a job out of it. But you really made me think here.You’d be surprised at how powerful it is.
    slotxo

    ReplyDelete