RUG HOOKING BLOG

About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of four grandmother of seven and great grandmother of three. I live with my husband in the house that we built with the help of my brothers and will have been married for 57 years this February.

Sunday, February 26, 2023

CHRISTINE SENT ME AN OLD PHOTO

Today is our 57th Wedding Anniversary and we went out to breakfast with friends this morning. 


My daughter Christine sent me an old photo of our wedding day that she found in her photo library.

                            *******************************************************

To celebrate, I made this tasty soup that appeared on Saundra's blog. Woodland Junction. Sorry, somehow, I couldn't get the link to work but you all know who Saundra is.


I had all the ingredients except the pearl couscous, so I bought some yesterday.  Pearl couscous is different and larger than regular couscous. It's more like pasta. I used some chicken parts instead breast as it has more flavor.  I also used some chicken bouillion concentrate from a bottle to add to the chicken broth I got from cooking the chicken.


George gave it a rave review and said it was a keeper. He's all for healthy food.  I like getting recipes from blogger friends. I really enjoyed the soup with fresh hot biscuits.


  Instead of a cake, I made some biscuits with butter since I gave up sweets for Lent.




                             I used a cord inside the seam and whipped the binding tape in one step. 
                                   Finally, I remembered to add annotations to my photos. 

                               


                                         I still have to finish whipping the edge of my rug. A view from the top.


  This is the image I chose for my next rug from the public domain. Our Lady of Good Counsel.

   I need to get some ink cartridges for my color printer before I start this project.

   It's always a pleasure reading your comments. Thanks for your visit. Stay safe and warm.

Hugs,

Julia


15 comments:

  1. Whew, a huge sigh of relief here that after eating the recipe I gave you he gave it a thumbs up instead of the bums rush, lol. I'm not Catholic but could certainly use the knowledge of The Lady of Good Counsel; and me thinks this administration could use it too. Happy Anniversary. BTW, you were a beauty!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! What a lovely couple you were. I love your dress and the red flowers. Your rug is picture perfect. What wonderful work you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary and what a lovely wedding photo. I agree, the rug is perfect and you are so very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy, happy anniversary. May you be blessed with many more. Such a beautiful bride (and young!!!)...but you still are beautiful today...inside and out.
    Your new rug is going to be another challenging one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary you young whipper snappers! :-) You were a beautiful couple and still are. I would love to make this soup, but Bob does not like couscous as I told Saundra. Glad you enjoyed it. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made a stunningly beautiful bride my friend. Your soup and biscuits look wonderful - talk about being an amazing cook. And your rug...I have absolutely no words. Your back is as beautiful as your front. Such incredible, precise, hooking - no wayward loops, no stray threads, just perfect. Have you ever entered your work in local fairs? Looking forward to following along on your next project. ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your comment, Robin. To answer your question, no I never entered any of my rugs in any fairs. I just do rugs as a hobby and I'm so not interested in the competition. I once was asked by a rug hooking teacher, April DeConick to enter my Childhood Memory rug in Rug Hooking Magazine but I wasn't tempted. I'm just content to hook once in a while and share what I hook here on my blog.
    I met April Deconick on line through rug Hooking Daily some years back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Happy Anniversary! I love that photo. I love your dress too! But I love to celebrate a love that lasts through the good and bad times, sickness and health, rich and poor days. Love that's an example to others of folks who work together, play together, eat delish food together, and are still good friends as well as husband and wife. Many more blessed years to you two dear Julia! I look forward to seeing that beautiful next project that reflects your faith and the love you have for Jesus. Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary!! 57 years is incredible. So much to be proud of. All of your food looks wonderful and so does your binding, I hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary, I just LOVE that photo.
    The soup does sound delicious.
    I am excited about your next rug.
    xx oo
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy anniversary to you and your husband. That soup did look delicious. You gave up sweets for lent - that is so good. I like your new rug design as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am thankful for the author's commitment to creating content that is educational and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations and I love your wedding photo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I totally meant to come back and say Wow, 57 yrs! Happy Anniversary over a month late!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That soup looks utterly gorgeous! I am so glad your husband gave it the thumbs up! I have tried that Giant cous-cous and it is tasty!x

    ReplyDelete