RUG HOOKING BLOG

About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of four grandmother of seven and great grandmother of three. I live with my husband in the house that we built with the help of my brothers and will have been married for 57 years this February.

Wednesday, April 19, 2023

RUG HOOK-IN HOSTED BY THE CARNEGIE RUG HOOKING GROUP OF ROTHESAY N.B.

 On Saturday, I attended the rug hook-in,  hosted by the Carnegie Rug Hooking group of Rothsay New Brunswick. Kimm mentioned that there were 110 hookers in attendance. I can believe it because the place was packed.  Lots of coffee, tea, and sweets. We brought our own lunch and mug and I can assure you,  no one left hungry. It was warm and sunny and they couldn't have picked a better day.  It was a wonderful way to spend part of Saturday. 

I did manage to take some photos as soon as I found a place to park my stuff this time but there were so many people taking pictures of the rugs on display and we had to share the tight space. I tried to move along as fast as I could.


Irises, hooked by Carolyn Simpson, designed by Ohara Koson 
Heritage Hooking Guild and Evening Matters group.



South Beach,  hooked by Caroline Simpson, designed by Caroline Simpson of Heritage Hooking Guild  and Evening Matters




Portuguese Rooster, hooked  and designed by Janet Lowery of Loss Time Matters


Sunflowers for Ukraine, hooked by Owttrim Fraser and designed by Les Hookers du Bor De Lo.




Sorry, I couldn't make out the label so I can't give credit to the artist of this beautiful rug. If someone knows the information, please let me know so I can give credit where credit is due.




Sally's Flowers,  hooked by  Kathrina Ruthledge, ?  Carnegie Hooking Group. Not sure of the name's spelling as it was only partially visible.



Little Flower, hooked by Anne Leger, designed by Cindi Gay. Carnegie Hooking Group.




Fallen Angels, hooked  and designed by Alan Tibbetts, 


The Hatchet Girls,  hooked and designed by Paula Weiss from the Carnegie Group.




Snowshoe and mittens hooked and designed by Linda Stockford from Sussex




Covid Hair,  hooked and designed by Rebecca Peterson of the Carnegie Rug Hooking Group.


Three Landscapes,  above, designed and hooked by Judy Boudreau from the Carnegie Hooking Group.


My favorite rug , Horses, hooked by Bev Monaghan,  from a photo, Sussex .



Male Cardinal, hooked by Jerry Boudreau designed by Debbie--- Carnegie Rug Hooker group.



Chickadee on the Hand, designed and hooked by Judy Boudreau, Carnegie Rug Hooking Group


Shediac Island,  hooked by Marielle Poirier, Grade Digue.



Hooked by Judy Boudreau. I could not read the rest of the information on the label.




Windflower, hooked by Judy Boudreau and designed by Debbie Leonard, Carnegie Rug Hooking Group.



Celtic, hooked by Mary Mason and designed by David Robert of Fredericton.


Basket of Blueberries, hooked by Glenda Cameron of the Sussex TeaRoom Rug Hookers, designed by Judith Hotchkiss, Deer Island Maine.



Tulip flowers for Salley, Hooked by Jean McBride, Carnegie Rug Hooking Group.



Sky Class, hooked by Kathryn Rutherford, designed by Dwight  Gallagher, Carnegie Rug Hooking Group.



Grampa's Barn, designed and hooked by Jane Anderson of Carnegie Rug Hooking Group.




Robin in Spring, designed and hooked by Joan McBride, Carnegie Rug Hooking Group.



Poinsettia, hooked by Joan McBride from a free pattern in Rug Hooking Magazine.  Carnegie Rug Hooking Group.



Saints Rest Sandpipers, hooked by Louise Gould, inspired by a design on Wayfair. Carnegie Rug Hooking Group.





Bubble Buddies,  Linda Sto.  of Sussex ? Sorry, I couldn't read the cut off lable.


New Beginning, designed and hooked by Gwen Henry, CarnegieRug Hooking group.



hooked by Gwen Henry, Carnegie Rug Hooking Group.




A long runner with medallions, hooked by Jaquie Poirier.  late 1800 pattern unknown. Moncton.


Flowers, hooked by Anne Leger, a Diane Fitzpatrick design. Carnegie Rug Hooking Group. 


New Brunswick Flag, Hooked by Diana Reid, of the Sussex Tea Room group.



This large rug was a welcome piece as we entered to register.  There was no label on it.

I apologize if I've misspelled names.  Thanks for visiting and please leave a comment.

TO BE CONTINUED...

11 comments:

  1. Wow. wow and wow again. There are some truly amazing rugs there. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic rug show and excellent hookers. That ocean rug looks like a photo of the ocean! The horses looks like a photo too. Have a question about the Ukraine Sunflowers ~ were the petals of the sunflower painted on or hooked? I will be back to look at these awesome hooked pieces again as they were all delightful and probably missed some little detail. Oh, also loved that house with the burnt orange roof.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Saundra, the yellow petals were painted. One quick way of getting the rug done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! Thank you for sharing all the lovely designs. My favorite is the pair of cardinals displayed on the snowshoe. I also like the horses, beautiful!!!
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wondering the same thing as Saundra. Thanks for letting us know.
    That was a lot of work putting this post together. Thank you so much. Most enjoyable.
    I, too, love that Horses rug. The snow covered trees are so unbelievable!!! The hooked piece for the snowshoe is such a great idea.
    Looking forward to the continuation ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...not even quite sure where to begin my comment LOL - all these glorious rugs!! (and more to come, YAY!) My favorite, hands down, is the horse rug. WOW! I also really like the house with the red tiled roof and, for some reason, the realistic simplicity of the basket of blueberries. As amazing as the rugs is the fact that you took so many wonderful photos and took the time to upload and post them for us. Thank you! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow some amazing rugs! I have a single snowshoe not sure where it came from, but I have it set aside to try to do that with it also. I am so glad you got with other rug hookers it really does help to be around all that art around
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Am not really a fan of the color pink, however in this case I do love Windflower. The horses though is the cat's pajamas! I am with you, this is my favorite one. All of that detail in the snow and trees. Just amazing! Thanks for sharing with us these beautiful rugs. Even the pengiuns made me smile. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi I really enjoy these photos of rugs,beautiful works of art.thanks Julia,from your sister Denise 😘

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Denise, I'm glad that you found my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, my goodness! These are wonderful. I cannot pick a favorite...I love the one that you could not give the name of the creator, and I love the horses, too...but oh, there are so many others. I am so thankful you took pics to show us.

    BTW, Happy Mother's Day...meant to say it in the post above.

    ReplyDelete