RUG HOOKING BLOG

About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of four grandmother of seven and great grandmother of three. I live with my husband in the house that we built with the help of my brothers and will have been married for 57 years this February.

Monday, March 27, 2017

BLOGGER'S SWEET SURPRISES

Like many, I've slowed down on blogging this year but some of my blogging friends still remember me.
I usually pick up the mail on my way back from work because our mail delivery is so late in the afternoon some times.
This is what I found in my mailbox on Friday.  A  package with beautiful homemade gifts from my talented crafty blogger friend Cynthia of Kyrotime.


Cynthia is so adept with her sewing that she can turn pieces of fabric into the most beautiful creations time after time. She is just amazingly creative and crafty. This is our provincial flower the Violet appliqued on this fabric. Every little petals is cut separately and appliqued as well as the stems and leaves and stitched on so precisely.
I love that little applique worm cut out of fabric and the eye is actually part of the marking on the fabric.  My photo doesn't do it this little quilt justice.  Just beautiful...



As if this piece of art isn't enough, Cynthia also included this beautiful homemade apron. I just love it. Thank you so much Cynthia for your thoughtful gifts and the beautiful letter.



I always enjoy visiting her blog Kyrotine to see what she's up to. It's never boring at her place especially now as she is raising two little cute puppies.

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment to let me know you visited.
Hugs, Julia


20 comments:

  1. Blogger friends are amazing, although many of us have never met in person. What a nice, thoughtful surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! You'll look cute in that apron!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful gifts and lovely letter.
    You are a wonderful inspiration.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that is so sweet. I know it made you happy to get that in the mail.
    Blogger friends are always the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet gifts for one of the sweetest bloggers out there.
    Happy spring :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fun trip to get the mail. ;-) A lovely package full of fun surprises.
    I agree, blog buddies are the best.

    Love you,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia,
    What lovely gifts from a blogger friend!! Wow! This month was certainly your month!! So very happy for you and I agree with Lauren!! You will have to post a picture wearing your new apron!!!
    Hope you have a wonderful week, my friend!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some people are so talented. And so kind, those are some beautiful gifts. I hope you are doing OK. I too have been slow with my blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, that is so sweet! You have some very nice friends...but, then, you deserve it! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet thoughts and happy gifts! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this visit was not what I expected!
    So glad you loved your package, I look forward to seeing you in your apron!
    We have more snow today, I'm so not use to spring being covered in snow, for sooo long. lol
    The pups are getting use to going out in the snow.
    April is just around the corner, then May flowers!
    Take care.
    Hugs,
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  12. PS My blog is called 'kyrotime'- it means the suspending of time whilst in a creative mode. You may say, I'm just going to hook on this rug for 5 mins & 30 mins later, you ask 'where did the time go?' You were in 'kyrotime' ! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cynthia for explaining the name of your blog. You sure do a lot of beautiful pieces while on Kyrotime.
      Julia

      Delete
  13. Such a sweet and thoughtful gift! I'll stop by her blog and check her out. I do love puppies :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a big-hearted friend, Julia. Both the maker of these beauties and you! You do friendship so well that it's no surprise this dear one would send you such love. You deserve each other:)
    -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are very nice gifts sweet Julia. I hope you are doing well my sweet friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely idea for gifts and I am very glad that lovely people are thinking of you!xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful applique piece and such a heartwarming gift. As much as you cook that apron will be used often I'm sure. That was a very thoughtful gift she gave to a well deserving person.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Julia what a sweet gift. I am getting caught up tonite on my blogger friends posts, hugs cheri

    ReplyDelete