RUG HOOKING BLOG

About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of four grandmother of seven and great grandmother of three. I live with my husband in the house that we built with the help of my brothers and will have been married for 57 years this February.

Monday, November 15, 2010

GETTING INTO THE CHRISTMAS SPIRIT

Today, after my unexpected visitors left, I had to go down town to get a load of calf feed again and I stopped in the Dollar Store to pick up some cheap plastic Christmas balls to decorate my pine branches, outside in the front entrance. I wanted something that I don't have to worry will break.  I came home with other goodies but didn't take pictures yet. I was happy to find some small trees for my snowmen parade.

Last year I decorated a snowmen scene and I was looking for some small trees to add to the scene but the trees were more than I wanted to spend so I just brushed it aside. I saw what I wanted in The Country Sampler and they were $25 US for three small trees,  plus shipping, plus exchange on the dollar plus duty  and it would have been way too much for me. Then I saw some at Michael's and they too were more than I was prepared to pay. This year I got two at the Dollar Store.  I'm tying some tiny silver strings to glitzy snowflakes and putting them on the trees. I've no idea what it's all going to look like but I'm trying to be creative. I've never been big on decorating but I started last year to  decorate a bit more  and I've been looking for Christmas decorations that I think are cute at Value Village every time I go. Sometimes I don't find any things and other times I fine really cute things. When I have something ready I'll post some photos. Thanks for stopping by.  JB

7 comments:

  1. can't wait to see those snowmen on parade.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, OK I'll get right to it girls, ... tomorrow. It's not going to be that spectacular. And I'm aware that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I've been tying some tiny silver strings on those little snowflakes and I need some more. JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to see those decorations Julia! I think I need to make a trip to the dollar store this week! ;))
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  4. Orange Sink, I'll dig up those little snowmen as soon as I can today. It took me a while just to put the strings on the snowflakes to hang them. I've got the two small trees finished last evening . The Dollar Store had nicer ornaments than last year I find. JB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Julia, My computer is acting up, I stopped by last night but my comment wouldn't post, I think it is me as I am having the hardest time today too.
    I will be checking out the dollar store too, I hadn't thought about that. I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with, I am sure it will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete