RUG HOOKING BLOG

About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of four grandmother of seven and great grandmother of three. I live with my husband in the house that we built with the help of my brothers and will have been married for 57 years this February.

Friday, September 23, 2011

OLD WEDDING PICTURES GOES DIGITAL, HERE COMES THE BRIDE...

In my last post,  Maggie from JUST BETWEEN ME AND YOU  had left a comment and asked that I be her guest on her Blogazine. I was honored but felt that I just didn't had the time required to put it together. I kept starting to write but never finishing. So one day this week I was alone with nothing pressing to do and finally I wrote  my condensed life story the best I could and send it in to Maggie.


I had no recent photos of myself and no one around to take a photo of me.    It was intended to be inserted at the beginning of my story but it ended up at the end...  Not a great photo either.

Also, Maggie's High School Reunion got me to thinking how we were all slowly getting older one day at a time but not noticing the gradual change until we look at pictures of our youth.

I realized that I didn't even had any photos of my wedding in my house, only slides tucked away, way up on the top shelf in the closet. So I dug em up and used a digital converter I bought a couple of Christmas ago but never used.  The photos are better on the slides than the digital, and the  quality isn't great, so my apologies. 

Amazing  the transformation as we age.


This is a picture of me and George on February 26, 1966 taken at his parent's homestead on the farm. . Since the photographer couldn't make it to the wedding because of the bad snow storm, my youngest brother in law took the only few wedding pictures we have.  The slides have specks of dust on them. 


                           Me and my sister in-law. She was dress in in the new fashion of the day. Look at the            big blotch on my dress



In the back, on the left, my mom and dad, his mom and dad.  Can you tell,all I cared about was George.





Here is mom and dad and I'm still having eyes only for George. I thought that my mother looked a bit like Jacqueline Kennedy on this photo. 



The camera is clicking and I'm still looking at George. Be still my heart...



Brides- wanna- be are lining up by the stairs where I'm planning to throw this simple bouquet of red carnations.


Time to open my gifts, Do you remember those cool glasses. Meeow....


A candid shot taken when I was talking. 


I was dressed in fashion with this bouclee suit to go on my winter Honeymoon. 


This was in the main kitchen where the food had been prepared for the guests. This is the only picture I have of the the top of the cake. The cake was cut but  no pictures was taken of the cutting of the cake...  The lady in the foreground is George's aunt and his mom behind her.


                                   Here we are in Florida for our Honymoon 



                    This is where we stayed in the french section where lots of people from Quebec stayed. An apartment with fridge and stove where we could prepare our own food. Since our new car had a smashed grilled in an accident the day before the wedding,  my husband best friend, Franny, lend us his big  black car to drive all the way to Florida.  What a good friend.



Here is George with fresh picked coconuts that was given to us by men who were harvesting them. 



We never made it in the Marine Stadium for some reason. It was a very windy day at the beach and we got wind burn badly.




That's me under those sun glasses walking in the white sand.

Thanks for dropping by  and sharing some days gone by with me. I enjoy reading your comments.  Have a safe weekend everyone...  JB

35 comments:

  1. Oh I am so glad you posted pictures of that day, your Mom is so beautiful and she looks like I remember my Mom looking. I loved your suit. I think your pictures are so nice and I am so glad you decided to share them. Wow, does time fly or what. You look like such a kid. So did you like Florida or not?
    I have enjoyed your pictures and your Mom doesn't look like she had all of those babies. She looks so good.
    I think you are very beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia, I love your pictures. Your mom does look like Jacqueline Kennedy. You were both a nice looking couple. Time flys by I can't believe I am no longer young since I feel like the same girl.Lol What a pretty dress, you were the perfect pretty bride. I love the way you looked at your hubby!Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom, I am so glad you posted these photos!!!
    I think this is my first time seeing many of them -- the ones of Florida at least.
    You look so beautiful in your dress, and dad looks like a young John Travolta.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the pictures. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved what your daughter posted. Your dress is beautiful you were an amazing bride.
    Your mom does look like jacki kennedy so glad you posted them.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos Julia. You all look beautiful. I had to look twice at the bridesmaid dress. It is almost identical to what Auntie wore at Mom and Dad's wedding. Right down to the little ring-like head piece. And I agree your Mom did resemble Jackie Kennedy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You looked so beautiful. I am just tickled pink to see you looking at your husband with such joy and love! What a handsome couple you are! Love the dress and I really love the suit you wore afterwards. You are so right about your Mom...lovely! What fun for you to share these photos and your special memories!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful of you to share your memories and photographs with us. What a lovely couple you make, I can see the love and admiration in your eyes. How quickly time goes by, however, after 33 years of marriage I would not change a thing. Sending greetings from Maine, Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julia ~
    What a fun post! You were such a beautiful bride. Thank you for sharing.
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty bride you were and you had great legs!!! I was married in 1963 in a snowstorm, too ~ and my 'going-away' suit was an Italian knit suit styled much like yours!! Funny, isn't it, how we all dressed up for almost every occasion! Now, they don they're jeans and t-shirts as they leave their weddings!! Very fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE seeing your pictures!! What a beautiful bride and yes your mom did look like Jackie O in that photo! So enjoyed your photos, thanks for posting!!
    Karen & the Hounds

    ReplyDelete
  12. You were a gorgeous bride
    and those eyes so dreamy over your new hubby
    ....so sweet!
    Loved this, Julia!
    It's been a wonderful ride, hasn't it:)
    -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  13. This was so much fun to read, Julia!! I love seeing your wedding but reading how excited you were is jst sweet to me! The rest of the comments were agreeing with me too that your mom does look like Jackie.
    It's funny to look back at ourselves when we were young and now to think..."wasn't that just yesterday"? How did we change that much?
    I love to read Maggie too so feel honored to be asked to do her blogazine. I enjoy reading both your blogs so this was a treat! Glad she talked you into it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Julia I enjoyed reading this blog and and the one below with the skit about the cake. I can imagine the laughter in the room. Great read Julia

    ReplyDelete
  15. These photos are amazing. I bet you cherish them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What fun! Thanks for taking us down memory lane with you. I must say that you actually have a better assortment of wedding photos than I do! My photographer and his assistant (wife) fought the whole time and I felt like the pictures were just awful. I have an Uncle that was shooting and would love for him to share more of his with me...

    You were a lovely bride and quite the bathing beauty!! :)

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Isn't it wonderful to be able to take a walk down memory lane.
    Your mom did look like Jackie O.
    I bet you still look at your husband that way. Love is grand.
    Such a beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well milady, i think you look absolutely gorgeous!!!

    And you husband too!! hehe
    Leontien

    ReplyDelete
  19. Honey I am so glad I came by here tonight. Love love these pictures of your wedding. You are so beautiful then and now. Love how you only have eyes for your new hubby. haha
    Also thank you for going to the trouble of being a guest. I am sick that I did not get your story. Strange I got the email about asking if I got it but did not get it. Where is it I wonder....who knows but I hate to ask you to resend it so I can post it. On top of the trouble of you doing it now I am asking you to resend it.
    Oh back to this post. Your dress is really beautiful I love it.
    Looking forward to getting your story for me to post
    Love
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia. I loved your story on Maggie's blog. Your wedding pictures are so cute. I will look forward to following you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. ....and thanks for sharin' your love and those beautiful weddin' pictures.

    Ya have this Ozark Farm Chick beat all to thunder. Not only have ya'll been married longer (ours almost 39) ya honeymooned in Florida. We honeymooned in Branson...in an ice storm. Heehehehe! We we're too moon~eyed to care!

    I just wanted to thank you for visitin' with your sweet comment. Please drop in often...the door of the Ponderosa is always open.

    God bless ya and have a terrific Thursday!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey honey just wanted to thank you again for being my guest and for writing such a great story.
    I know it took a lot of your time and I appreciate you
    Love
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful memories...sweet and lovely bride and wedding...thanks for sharing!
    Love,
    Coralie

    ReplyDelete
  24. Julia,
    Thank you for commenting on my blog.
    Your story on Grandma Yellow Hair was amazing.
    You have certainly had your share of sadness and trial.
    I love your wedding pictures. You are a beautiful lady.
    I've enjoyed wandering around here.
    I can tell I'm going to have fun learning from you.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hey Julia I'm coming at ya from "The garden of Egan" Saw your comment over there and thought I check you out, in which, I'm glad I did!

    Love your beautiful wedding pictures, it would have been so nice for the photographer to have been there, but your brother did a lovely job indeed!

    Well, I"m going to hope on board here and hope you'll do the same over at my blog..You could actually be the person to top me off at 90 followers!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Julia,

    I hope you don't mind that I snuck in unannounced and read through your blog. I enjoyed my visit here. Love your wedding pictures! You're so beautiful and your dress is too!
    I'll be back.

    ReplyDelete
  27. what a kick in the pants you are!!! such fun stories... I have to go and read some more.. YOU are a fun fun fun gal and anyone who calls you friend is l.u.c.k.y! Thanks for stopping by my blog too. YOU are some writier!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Julia! So glad you stopped by! It is so fun to read about your wedding at Maggie's & then come over & see some pictures of it! Your pictures are so classic & beautiful! What a stunning bride! I am so glad you got thta dress! It really is just gorgeous! You make it that way! Thanks for sharing with us! I will enjoy getting to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! Love yours!! We were married in 1968 & our pics look very much like yours.... Hey, those cats-eye glasses were so-o-o-o-o elegant!!
    Have a Wonderful Weekend!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a great trip down memory lane! Love the picture of you on the beach with your hair blowing and the palms blowing as well....looks like something from a photo shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your wedding pictures are so fun. You are a beautiful bride and what a gorgeous wedding dress! I need to pay closer attention to your blog...thank you for always leaving me such nice comments every time I post. You are a sweetie!
    Faye

    ReplyDelete
  32. I hopped over from Maggie's blog. Read your Blogazine post. You were a beautiful bride and your gown was gorgeous. I enjoyed all the pictures and reading this post. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great photos Julia. I love that you posted them. I enjoyed reading your post too :)
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  34. You were a beautiful bride and how wonderful that you only had eyes for your handsome groom!

    ReplyDelete
  35. What wonderful moments captured on camera. You looked beautiful on your wedding day and so did your husband. Your wedding dress was so glam. I agree that your mother looked like Jackie on that photograph. The photos of your honey mood are lovely. I love that photograph of you walking in the sand.

    ReplyDelete