RUG HOOKING BLOG

About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of four grandmother of seven and great grandmother of three. I live with my husband in the house that we built with the help of my brothers and will have been married for 57 years this February.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

SOUP'S ON

I'm  glad to report that my sick calf is doing great and is all better but my cold which I tried so hard to squash has got me by the head... I'm stuffed up, especially at night and I have a sore red nose from blowing it and my head feel like it's on too tight.



So, even though I'm sick, I still have to do my barn chores and today I thought that I would make a great big pot of beef barley soup so I'll have something to eat tomorrow in case  I don't feel like cooking a meal.
I love this soup tureen that I got at Value Village a while back and I make use of it quite often. I love it.

 I shouldn't complain about  my tiny miseries because they are nothing to mention in regards to what is going on in Japan. My heart goes out to them and all those who live in its  path and fear for radiation fallout for themselves and their love ones.

Thanks for stopping by.  JB

13 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon. Colds really are the pits! It's hard to get good rest with them. Your soup looks so good. I could use a good beef barley recipe...hint, hint! Stock up on the hot lemon and honey...add a bit of ginger or cinnamon for the coughing, too.
    Take good care,
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  2. The soup looks good. My cold is a bit worse too. Bah! Hope you feel better tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Courtney and Kim. I'm off to bed with a cup of lemon and honey and I took an advil for my sore wrist from hooking a storm for my challenge rug. It's not the hooking hand but my weak left hand that I hold the wool with. Nighty night. JB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy your calf is better but so sorry you have a cold. Your soup looks yummy. and I have had to shut the news off it was all more than I could take.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry you are still sick. I am glad that you got to go to bed early and that you have soup already made.
    Thank you for all of the sweet things you say even when you are sick.
    Get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julia, You poor thing even if your sick you have to do chores for the calves. Get better soon!Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia,
    I do hope you are feeling better soom. Glad your little calf it doing OK. Your soup looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia,
    Yes, It is still morning here. So 4 hours difference. In fact I have only been up for two hours. :) I hope you can rest and get better today. I wondered about the time difference so I am glad you noticed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad your little calf is better! :) Your soup looks delicious! I just love soups.
    I also am just getting over a cold, it lasted 7 days. I hope yours is better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julia ~
    I hope your cold doesn't linger on too long.
    Yes, we are so fortunate and need to count our blessings a little more often!
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad your calf is doing better! Hope you will be feeling better soon and the soup looks wonderful!!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you all for your comments. I'm feeling much better today. I still have a bit of a cold but a lot of improvement. JB

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks everyone for your comments. I'm feeling much better today. JB

    ReplyDelete