RUG HOOKING BLOG

About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of four grandmother of seven and great grandmother of three. I live with my husband in the house that we built with the help of my brothers and will have been married for 57 years this February.

Sunday, June 2, 2024

HAVE I BEEN GONE FOR THAT LONG?

Hello dear blogger friends. Yes, I've been gone a long time, have I?  I had intended to take a short time off from posting but it stretched out for way too long. My life has taken on more responsibilities and there never seems to be enough time and my energy is spent at the end of the day. 

I'll gently get back in, little by little. I'm tired but healthy except for the occasional wear and tear on this old body. 

I'll go back and share some photos of a great surprise in January this year. My husband and I were at our regular pub restaurant, having breakfast on Sunday morning, when all of a sudden, out of the blue, both our daughters arrived unexpectedly at the restaurant and surprised us with hugs. One flew all the way from the Capital to celebrate her dad's birthday,  with a planned birthday party. This was so unexpected but we were so glad to see both of them. The family knew about the surprise except my husband and I.




Me and daughter Jackie


         Me, Christine, and George at the restaurant.


        
                       Jackie is hugging her husband Bill who was cooking the turkey



                     Bill is a great cook. The family all gathered for a great feast but I didn't take many pictures.




After the tasty meal, the table was cleared and the cakes were brought out along with the birthday hat and the balloons.



                        Here, great grampy is blowing his birthday candles while Miss I.  and her big brother  C. 
                        are looking on with big smiles on their faces.



                     Our new little great granddaughter was peacefully sleeping and I wanted to take her photo 



and the two older sisters wanted to have their picture taken with their little sister and woke her up in the process.  They are so proud of their new baby sister.



       
  Of course, this one loves to have her photo taken. 

Thanks for visiting my blog. I have more to share and of course, it's all old news.lol...

Take care everyone and enjoy the summer. Hugs.
Julia

10 comments:

  1. What a wonderful surprise for you. Love all those happy smiling faces. Take care of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful surprise! Happy belated birthday to your hubby! Those kiddos are so adorable and I'm glad they were able to be there with you. I love the pics of you and your daughter and hubby too. You are just adorable! I know you get so busy in the summer and I know that as I age doing all that work is harder. Please take care of yourself and don't over do it! That being said, my Mom always used to say to never stop moving or "they" will get you. Not sure exactly who "they" were but I try hard each day to keep on moving and I know you certainly don't let any grass (or weeds!) grow under your feet! It's good to hear from you via the blog so take care Julia and I'm sending a big hug from Ohio!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes you were gone way too long; nice to see you posting again. What a wonderful and happy surprise for a happy day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie you are...and so are those great granddaughters! Lucky you to spend time with them ;-) And I am sure it was wonderful to see both your daughters.
    Happy belated birthday to George!!!
    Come back again soon...pretty please.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You, my sweet friend, are absolutely and wonderfully beautiful! We need to photos of your adorable face more often. What a fun surprise! Happy 80th to George! Everyone in these photos looks so genuinely happy. And congratulations, again, on the new great grand. She is beautiful. I am so glad you made time to post - you have, indeed, been missed. And, ps...we don't care if your news is old...it's new to us. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello my dear Julia, it is great to see your photos and hear about the AMAZING surprise your family gave you. Happy Birthday to your George, 80 is a true milestone. God Bless You All!
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Julia I almost missed this post!!! How wonderful to see your girls and what a great surprise! You look wonderful and so happy. You had family surrounding you as always happy birthday to your husband.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday to your hubby! What a lovely surprise! It's nice to hear from you! xoPomPom

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julia!!!!!!!!! It's so lovely to see you back! I missed you! I am so glad that your daughter surprised you with this visit! That turkey and those cakes look rather delicious too!
    Happy birthday to your husband! I am glad you are doing well! Take care of yourself!xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A belated happy birthday to your husband and how wonderful and thoughtful for your daughters to plan such a sweet surprise! Your little granddaughters look so sweet . Glad to see you back to posting. Take good care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete