RUG HOOKING BLOG

About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of four grandmother of seven and great grandmother of three. I live with my husband in the house that we built with the help of my brothers and will have been married for 57 years this February.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I'M VISITING PATRICE TODAY, COME WITH ME...

I have a confession to make. I'm somewhat  computer illiterate and haven't been able to copy and paste Patrice's questions on my Mac so when I don't have the time to write all the question, I don't visit.

I've been having a tight muscle in my back so I've been up since 2:00 am. Let's go see if she has the porch light on or the coffee ready, he he.



                                       Here are the question she was asking today.
1. What was the last big event gathering you attended? Wedding, funeral, graduation, party, riot, etc,)
   On Friday I attended a funeral for my husband's aunt. She was 100 years old.

2.  Do you switch over your seasonal wardrobe, wear the same thing year round, have a huge closet to put it all in or throw everything out and buy new each season? I threw the last one in to see if you were paying attention.
   I have my pants and shorts, long sleeves tops, sweaters, sleeveless all folded  on shelves in my walk in closet  so I just pick what is appropriate for a particular day. Some days I go from long sleeves turtle neck and change to sleeveless as the temperature changes.  I dress for comfort most of the time.

3. What sweetener do you use most often?
     Sugar or honey in baking. I never add sweetener in my cereal but add raisins instead.

4.  Slippers, socks or barefoot?
    Slippers on cold floor,  I used to go barefoot a lot but now my feet hurt sometimes and I use slippers more often, sandals in summer.

5.  What questions would you like me to ask the group over the next few weeks?
   a.  Do you make your bed as soon as you get up in the morning or just make it later or leave it messy?
   b.  How many hobbies do you have?
   c.  What bad table manners drives you crazy?
   d. Do you have a good sense of direction when driving in a strange place?
   e. Do you often think of others before yourself?

You can pick which ever question you prefer Patrice.

I hope that you have a great week.  JB

24 comments:

  1. The Bad Table Manners of holding a fork like it was a barn shovel when someone eats drives me bonkers!!!!! I was taught to proper way to conduct yourself at the table & this is not it!!!!
    Have a Wonderful Day!!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't done my questions yet ... not as organized as you! I love your selection of questions for Patrice... I can never think of good ones, but I'd happily answer these over the coming weeks ;)
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julia, I do hope your back feels better soon. I too grab clothes that are appropriate for the changing temperatures, however, it is my body temperature that is usually fluctuating. First chore of the day, making the bed! Have a lovely day, Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your back is feeling better. Great questions.I don't know what I would pick. Probably the clothes......I dress for comfort all the time.
    Hope your week gets better. Hope you can rest. (((((HUGS)))))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry you hurt your back. That is by far the hardest thing to have to put up with sometimes, especially in the spring.
    I liked all of your answers this week. I really like the questions you want to ask Patrice.
    I hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hope your back feels better soon. Love your questions for Patrice. I too look forward to answering some of them in the following weeks. Have a wonderful week :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun questions, great answers. I think your suggestions for future questions should ALL be used, Julia. I do enjoy these visits as when you answer her questions, I find out that we answer so many of them the same way.
    We probably think a lot alike too.

    Sorry about your bad back. I have one too as my spine is "riddled with arthritis" to quote my doctor. However, at my age that is only one of my hurting places. It's hard to get old. Hope YOU are feeling better by now.

    I love your updated bathroom, and to think you did it so cheaply too. It is perfectly beautiful and it does look easy to keep clean. Good for you girl. I used to do a lot of my own painting and was pretty darned good at it too, I must say, but unfortunately, I am getting too old for most of that kind of work. I think you were wise to just do one sink if that is what you mostly use because it gives you a lot more counter space.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very fun to read about you. Hope your back gets feeling better soon. Nothing worse than backpain.

    I love love love the bathroom.
    Beautiful clean colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your questions, hope Patrice uses them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so happy to have those wonderful questions for upcoming chats. I had the coffee on early for you this morning. Wendell suggested carrot juice, but I thought better of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too bad I can't send my Chiropractic hubby over to fix that bad back! I do hope it gets better quickly..lets see, he would suggest ice for no more than 20min. at a time. NSAIDS like Advil, and any way that's comfy to sit or rest. Heat later if you want. Hope it helps and I love the answers that let us get to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great questions for Patrice. I liked your answers, except for the raisins in the cereal (makes me think if rabbit droppings - I know, I'm twisted) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. I usually make the bed after my husband goes to work,since I'm the first up in the mornings. It's difficult to do this job while he's still under the covers I find. lol

    Hobbies: photography and rubberstamping.

    Talking with food in your mouth makes me wanna explode, and if it's one of the kids then I can say something. But, if it's an adult then all I can do is grin and bear it.

    Usually in uncharted territory I get a little disoriented. Life is less complicated since our car has a compass built into the rear view mirror, so this helps to keep my bearing somewhat.

    Normally, I think of someone else before I do myself unless it has to do with chocolate then it's every person fend for him/herself. lol Nah, I'm just teasing there. I'd gladly give you my last piece of chocolate. =D

    Hodgepodge-ChitChat-Wayback Wednesday Fun

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's always fun reading these posts. As for bad table manners...chewing on ice has got to be THE worst thing. Ever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good answers! And I like the questions you posed, too!
    McGuffy's Reader
    http://www.mcguffysreader.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have joined you & hope you will join me too:
    McGuffyAnn @ McGuffy's Reader

    ReplyDelete
  17. Julia, copy the code for the daffodil, then go to your template layout, and add it to the place you want it by adding the HTML code. If you email me maybe I can help.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry about your back. That's my problem too a very ornery muscle. on my right side.

    Do you know how to highlight? The keys for copy are ... Command + C for copying then Command + V for pasting. Command + A selects all the tyiping.

    Put your cursor where you want the copying to begin and click then if your Mac has the track pad slide your finger over what you want copied or the mouse to highlight.

    If you use Text Edit to type your stuff ... then just do a Command + A to select all...

    Let me know if you need more help... be glad to walk you through it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope you are feeling better. I really hate those sleepless nights. I have been missing you Julia, and hope now I am on the right track to leave comments.

    ReplyDelete
  20. hope your muscles are feeling stretchy and strong
    and free of pain
    soon:)
    love the questions....so cool these little chats:)
    -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fun, fun, fun questions and answers sweetie.

    I sure hate to hear your back is throwin' ya some problems and pray it eases up soon and very soon. Been there, done that and it's no fun.

    God bless and have a super great week sweetie!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sorry honey your hurting so bad you can't sleep. It's no fun to have back pain or any kind. So hope you feel better soon.
    Great answers! I enjoy learning more about you each time you do this.
    Hope honey your having a wonderful week
    Love
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm sorry for the loss of your husband's aunt. She lived a good, long time...so many new things to get used to during a life that long. I'll bet she had many stories to share!

    I know I'm a week late in responding here. I've been bad! I hope that you have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete