RUG HOOKING BLOG

About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of four grandmother of seven and great grandmother of three. I live with my husband in the house that we built with the help of my brothers and will have been married for 57 years this February.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

HAPPINESS IS RECEIVING A PACKAGE IN THE MAIL

Usually when I pick up the mail, it's mostly bills for the farm of personal bills like utility bills.   Today when I picked up the mail I found a huge box in the parcel compartment of our community mail box. My first thought was that my husband must have ordered something online. Then I saw my name on the box and Theresa's return address above my name.  It was heard to believe that she had spent all that money to send me a gift. International mailing isn't cheap any more. It cost Theresa $23.15 to mail the winning dove picture that she so beautifully  drew. It's priceless. I didn't expected that she would have it framed either. I expected a rolled up scroll or a flat parcel.


It was packed in bubbles foam and bubble wrap and arrived in perfect condition all the way from Texas.


What a beautiful drawing this is. We have mourning doves cooing outside early in the morning.


I also received a hand written message in one of Theresa's own card that she made from one of her many paintings including two 4 leaf clovers that she picked from her yard for good luck.


This is the picture on the card that I received. Isn't this just gorgeous?  What talent... Every month Theresa has a giveaway  on her blog of one of  her drawing or paintings that she makes. That to me, is extremely generous of her. As you can see, her drawings are exquisite.



I found a special place for my little dove on my roll top desk. Thank you so much again Theresa. You have a great talent and I feel richer for having met you on Blogger.

Here 's how you can find Theresa's blog and it's worth going to see her many beautiful drawings. http://run-a-roundranch.blogspot.com/

Theresa will only response to blogs who have deactivated the word verification  apt.  Word verification is very time consuming and annoying and since she has hundreds of blogs to visit each day, she will only comment on  those blogs who have no word verification.  Sounds fair enough. She's a busy girl.

Again, thank you for the generous gift Theresa, aka  TexWis Girl. Hugs...

 Welcome to my new followers, thanks for visiting and please leave a comment if you have the time. They always give me joy.

JB

21 comments:

  1. I'm
    with Theresa ~ I'm not fond of the word thing either. If I have to redo it, I just don't comment! Your drawing is beautiful ~ you deserve it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just so glad it made it to you safely! i think it looks great in your home! :) thank you for your kind words - and you're welcome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julia ~
    Congrats to you! What talent.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julia, you are such a sweet person and deserve four leaf clovers and mourning doves and all manner of such ... y'got goooood karma... ;)

    beautiful drawings and I loathe word verification. I also have a difficult time responding to WordPress .... always too much information then have to verfify .. boo

    Theresa? you are a very gifted and thoughtful person. how cool is sending the four leaf clovers from your yard... that special touch ~ just as Julia has. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you...the drawing is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Julia the artwork is gorgeous! How lovely sitting on your desk! Congrats on the win and I'd say that Theresa is a very generous soul! I will have to check out her blog!
    Enjoy your winnings and give those four leaf clovers a little rub once a day!! LOL!!
    Hugs!
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!! What an amazing artist Theresa is, you are a lucky woman Julia!!! Congratulations!! I'll go check out her blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful! I am so glad you won! She is nice. You both are!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julia, how lovely, Theresa is one amazing artist! The drawing has found a wonderful home and fits in nicely on your roll top desk. Have a lovely day, it's another rainy day in Maine. Hugs, Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That art truly is exquisite! What a talent!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Forgot to mention that we have two baby doves that sleep in the flower garden... in a little hallow in the dirt... they look so cute and peaceful... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous piece of art! You are very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I am so glad you won that dove!!! I have always loved her art work but then the other goodies what a wonderful gift!!! I am so happy you won her giveaway.
    Your picture of your yard looks fantastic. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nothing better than a surprise in snail mail! The artwork is beautiful . She's very talented! I hope the rest of your week is as lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a very beautiful piece of work, you are lucky! I will take a look at Lisa's blog - what a generous lady. Betty

    ReplyDelete
  16. The dove drawing is precious!
    Good for you winning it! Looks great on your desk.
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful dove! It looks great on your desk where you can enjoy it every day.
    Take care,
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love fiddle heads.

    Your blog is interesting and very creative lady.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Theresa's art is lovely. How nice. It is nice to get things in mail .

    I enjoy receiving as much as I send out for others.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is happiness, indeed. I can just imagine the excitement you felt upon seeing the package. Theresa’s drawings are things of beauty. That is so nice of her to send you one, and to write a personal letter as well.

    Dave Borrell

    ReplyDelete